Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In LONDON!!

Hi everyone! I just arrived in London about an hour ago, and so far, people don't seem to be the most helpful, but I am trying to be patient. I tried taking one of their many public transportation systems, but it was SO confusing and once anyone saw my huge red backpack and me looking utterly confused, they did not want to give much detail about where to go. It was pretty complicated, but I ended up just giving in and getting a taxi. The hostel is really great, and is actually a bar downstairs with pool and games so that is awesome! The guy that works here is really nice and helpful, so that is already making me happier! I had an amazing time in Wales; I stayed with a guy that I had met in Cancun, Mexico which is where Tricia and I went for a little over a week to celebrate graduating college a few years back. We managed to stay in touch since then, and it was really great to feel at home so far away! Him and his friends were all so nice, and Wales seems to be very welcoming. The weather was not the best, but we did end up with one day of semi-sunshine so we went to a few castles and drove to some cute little towns. Castles fascinate me, how are they still there after SOOOOO LONG?? : ) It was really nice to have some down time rather than being busy, busy so I didn't do to much sightseeing or tourist-type stuff in Wales. Although, I found out that Wales has 600 castles!! Anyway, there is my update for now! I am meeting up with a friend I met in the last hostel in Dublin tonight hopefully and he has some good London tips and tricks to getting around, because it honestly is really, really confusing! How are all of you? I cannot believe it is already getting to the end of January. Wow. I really hope you all are doing wonderful and I will write again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Malli, I can't believe you're in London!! Sounds very exciting. Those castles must be very cool. Are they made of granite or basalt? It must be some very tough stuff to have survived for so long. Is it hundreds or maybe a thousand years old? That's a great plan to get a couple of disposable cameras. Sure would like to see pictures when you get back! Be careful over there! Love You -- Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey yo, Im really glad your actually on vacation now instead of working all the time in beautiful places! The castle sound amazing and to answer your dads question i pretty positive that the castles were made out of many kinds of boulders mainly granite, basalt but those rocks are really hard to work with so you can find lots of limestone castles also (I could be completely wrong but it sounds right!) : ) D

    ReplyDelete