Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Amsterdam!

Hi guys! I arrived in Amsterdam yesterday in the afternoon, and this place is great! I am staying in a hostel that is close to the tram and its a decent hostel with an awesome breakfast. I walked for about 5 hours yesterday, and got pretty lost but the good thing is you can always find the tram to take you back to where you need to be, so that was definitely helpful. Amsterdam is so cute, with so many, SO many shops and cafes, and there is a canal running through the town so you cross so many awesome little bridges. The only problem is everything starts to look really similar as you are walking, so I got turned around quite a bit but the place I am staying is right next to the Van Gogh museum, so I am going to see that today I think. There is an awesome tour guide company that gives a free tour as well, but seeing as how I climbed 720 stairs up the Eiffel Tower the day before yesterday and walked 5 hours yesterday, I think I will do the tour tomorrow to give my legs a break. in my room there is people from Ukraine, Spain and Brazil. It is amazing how many people around my age are traveling all the time! This is really a cool town so I am happy to be here rather than Paris. Paris was okay, but just visiting for a couple days was fine with me. I dont know if I mentioned it in my last post, but I went to the Salvidor Dali museum when I was in Paris, and that was really cool as well. So, I am off to explore some more, but I will try to take pictures with my phone and post them tomorrow or soon!! Hope you guys are all doing great!! I leave to Heidelberg, Germany on the 28th to stay with a friend I haven't seen in a long time so I am so excited for that! Talk to you all soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Malli, Sounds like you're having quite the adventure! We're having a Snow Day here in NYC.
    Take care,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete