Friday, February 4, 2011

It snowed yesterday in Germany!



Hey everyone! For most of you, it is like 2:30 am but its 11:30 am for me and I thought I would write a semi-quick blog post! I am in Mosbach, Germany which is where my wonderful friends, Lisa and Michael live. It is such a cute little town, and just about an hour away by train is Heidelberg, which is a bigger town with lots of shops and restaurants, as well as that awesome castle you see in my pictures. These pictures are random ones I took when we were in Heidelberg, and I will definitely take more when I get a chance, but it was absolutely FREEZING cold that day, and I could hardly push the button on my phone to take a picture my hands were so cold, so I will definitely take more soon. It snowed yesterday which was really fun! I haven't seen snow since I started traveling, and Lisa and Michael have a yellow lab, Moose, who I actually found and gave to them when he was a little puppy, so Mikey (LIsa and Michaels son) and I took Moose out for some fun with his ball in the snow. After that we went and bought Doner (pronounced durner) which is like the gyros but Turkish, not Greek. Anyway, then I wanted to buy Lisa some fresh flowers for the house, so Mikey took me to a flower store and the man strictly spoke German, so that was kind of difficult, but it worked out fine and the man was so nice although the entire time, neither one of us had any idea what each other were saying, but the bouquet turned out very pretty. Mikey and I also went and played pool a couple days ago at a pool hall down the road, which was SO fun! I don't know why I love pool so much because I am not that good, but I really enjoy it so we had a great time. The awesome thing about this place, well, in Europe generally, is that you walk everywhere you need to go, and if the place is to far, you can take a train or tram! It is such a nice experience for me to live in a small town with so much to do and everything within walking distance. I will take pictures of where I am, Mosbach, today and show you how cute it is on my next blog post. Other than that, I am loving my time here with my great, wonderful friends and having a nice, relaxing break. I will leave to meet up with Juliane (friend from Mallorca, who lives in Germany) on the 17th and spend time with her and her family until March 1st, which is when we leave to her sisters, and it sounds like the town she lives in borders Switzerland, so I think we will head there for a day or two! After that, we will both leave her sisters on March 5th, but I am coming back to Lisa and Michaels until I fly out home on March 10th, and Juliane will go home. Their place is closer to Frankfurt which is where I fly out, and Julianes place is about 5 hours from there. Lisa and Michael were kind enough to invite me again to stay, which is so awesome, because hostels in Frankfurt are expensive and I was going to just head there and stay at a place close to the airport, but I would much rather be here with them : ) I really hope you all are doing good, I heard from a couple people the weather in WA seems to be mild lately, and even had a few days of sunshine!! Thank you everyone who looks at my blog, I really appreciate it more than you know! Keep in touch either by email or comments, I love to read them! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just learned a new trick, although everyone else probably knows this! If you click on those little pictures, they enlarge to a point where you can see great detail!! Very cool castle and the intricate detail of the roads. --- I wonder if they have everything set up so close for walking and small transit, because of necessity, or cosmetics? Either way, it all makes sense! --- Glad you're having such a great time, but can't wait to see you home again! Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete